Sign in to follow this  
hammer84

TD Frog rod question -- plus a thanks to all !!!

My first post,  Hello to all !!

First I want to say thanks for all the great info provided on this forum.  I'm new to 'power' bass fishing.  Been an ultralight guy my entire life.  All of you here have been a great help in me getting the correct equipment for job at hand.

After reading a number of posts I decided to get a team Daiwa  Frog rod.  After a trip to BPS ( out of stock, no delivery date in computer ) and Cabels ( no longer are stocking TD rods) I was empty handed.

I did find a TD 7-6 telescopic heavy flipping rod in the Cabelas bargain cave so i picked it up.

My question is will 10 vs 7 guides ( frog rod has 10 ) and the 3 inch less in length make a big difference ??  Do i still need to consider getting a the frog rod or am I covered.

Thanks for the help, I still very new at this and feeling my way around.

Welcome aboard!

I am not familiar with the rod, but I'm sure other members will comment.

My question is will 10 vs 7 guides ( frog rod has 10 ) and the 3 inch less in length make a big difference ?? Do i still need to consider getting a the frog rod or am I covered.

More than likely you won't even be able to notice a difference in the guides... the length and actions are probably different but you might just like the 7'6" as a frog rod.  So give it a try before deciding whether or not you need the frog rod.  I would venture to guess the 7'6" will work well.

BTW, welcome to BassResource.com

Won't be much help with your question. I'm one of those old f**ts that makes do with 2 set-ups :-[. Just wanted to say WELCOME to the forums...

As Ever,

skillet