Sign in to follow this  
Land Surveyor13

BPS Fourocarbon Line

Does anyone have any thoughts on the BPS XPS Signature Series Flourocarbon line?  Is it any good? How are the break offs?  Can you tie a good secure knot?  I have been using the PLine Flourocarbon line but it is getting a little expensive to re-spool everytime.  I will say that I love flourocarbon more than anything else.  I had to replace the line on my spinnerbait setup while out on the water due to the line breaking off during a cast and switched over to mono because that is all I had in the boat and boy does mono suck.  I had to re-adjust the drag and it felt like i was casting with a rope instead of fishing line.  I also could no longer feel the spotted bass slapping at it like they do sometimes.  Anyway if anyone has any experience with it please chime in and share your thoughts.

Jerrod

I'm planning on using it for my shakey heads and bottom plastics.

Than I'm going to use Yozuri Hybrid Ultra Soft for my topwater/weightless/spinnerbaits.

But to answer your question....no I have not used the product.

I have Seguar Invizx but IMO it has too much stretch for a fluoro. Hopefully KVD is correct with it being a pretty low stretch fluoro. The dude gets the line for free so who knows lol.

I've tried several different flouro lines and the best (and most economical) is the BPS brand.  On the rods I have flouro on, this is the only brand I use.

Than I'm going to use Yozuri Hybrid Ultra Soft for my topwater/weightless/spinnerbaits.

I have Seguar Invizx but IMO it has too much stretch for a fluoro. Hopefully KVD is correct with it being a pretty low stretch fluoro. The dude gets the line for free so who knows lol.

I think u want to stay away from hybrids or floro on a topwater rod the lines sink u want a line that floats for topwater,A lot easier to do what ever ur doing walk the dog /poppping/ or reeling

It's my favorite fluoro line right now.

I think u want to stay away from hybrids or floro on a topwater rod the lines sink u want a line that floats for topwater,A lot easier to do what ever ur doing walk the dog /poppping/ or reeling

Yeah I know that most hybrids and basically all fluoros sink......BUT RW has said in numerious threads that Hybrid Ultra Soft actually floats, it does not sink. Going to take his word on it. If he is wrong (which I doubt) than I will just go back to using Berkley Trilene XL for my upper water needs.

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1188959313/3#3

Both original Hybrid and Hybrid Ultra Soft float.

Thanks for the responses I think I will give it a shot.  For the price it's hard to beat.  1000 yards for $59.99 compared to the cost of the PLine.  Maybe I will write my own review when I get it spooled up and have used it.

Jerrod

I had tried the BPS XPS Flouro 14Lb and liked it well enough for cranks that I ordered the 800 yd spool.  Also, I don't fill the spool with Flouro, I fill about 1/2 the spool with cheap mono then splice it with the Flouro.  The Flouro is smaller diameter than mono so takes lots of yards to fill an entire spool.  Really I found that is the only use I had for some Red Cajun line I had bought, plus it makes it easy to see when the flouro is getting low.

Guest avid
Does anyone have any thoughts on the BPS XPS Signature Series Flourocarbon line

Absolutely.

This is an excellent fluorocarbon line.

Notice I did not say "for the money"