Sign in to follow this  
David P

Loomis warranty info

I've been looking online, and can't get a real answer for my question.

If my loomis rod breaks, do I need any receipt / information in order to call them and do the xpeditor service?

From my understanding, they ship you a rod, and then you ship your broken rod back into the tube you received the new rod in.

Shimano you have to register your reels to get the warranty, is there any registration or anything that I need to do.

I'd hate my rod to break, and call them, and not have  what I need to get a new rod.

NOPE just call they'll take care of everything, just give them the model number on the rod and your info and they'll ship a new one to you, you then put the return label in the tube they send you on the outside of the tube along with the broken rod in it and drop it off at fedex and you're all done.

Sweet.

Thank you very much.

You got to give um 50 bucks though!!!

Of course, that's no problem. $350 rod breaks, and I pay $50 to replace it. Not a problem.

Of course, that's no problem. $350 rod breaks, and I pay $50 to replace it. Not a problem.

Id have a problem its not like they give u 350 bucks back u actully just paid 400 bucks for a rod  8-)

My PR844S rolled the back window up on itself and crushed the blank twenty inches below the tip.   :'(

So, Monday I filled out the Xpeditor claim, online. My new rod arrived via FedX on Thursday. I didn't talk with anyone and the all-end cost was $50.

This is one of many reasons I fish G.Loomis.

Or you can send it in with a check for $20 and a note. They send you a new rod. Great for me because I send things for free with UPS at work. Saves me $30.

You're paying the shipping both ways. $25 each pretty much. Not really paying $50 for the rod.

Plus I got my loomis rod for $290 so I'd be paying full price once I break my rod in a year or two down the road.

That G.Loomis info for broken rods should be a sticky IMO.   :o