Sign in to follow this  
alabamabassmaster

Pflueger Reel

I need the expert advice again guys!

A buddy of mine has a Pflueger Supreme LP Baitcast Reel in great shape that he said he was going to sell. It looks great and feels good he just threw away the box and papers and stuff. It looks like this one in the picture.

Anyway, what should I offer him for this reel?

post-9437-130162924543_thumb.jpg

Give me his email addy and I'll find out what he wants. Does he take paypal BTW?   :o

Reasonable? Generally, 1/2 of retail for "like new" equipment, much less for "used."

I told him I would give him $75, he said he paid $175 when he got it new! That's insane for a reel, is it that good?

I gave him $125 for it? Did I get screwed? It's in perfect shape just don't have the paper work/box.

If the reel is in as good a shape as the one picture I'd say you did pretty good.

Used reel prices vary, mostly due to the popularity of the reel in question along with the condition and age. I've seen a few of those Supremes on the forum boards recently and they all sold for roughly the same price.

Ala,

A good deal is often in the eye of the beholder.

Do some homework. Look at Bass pro shops website and see what price of new is. This is the highest end Pflueger baitcaster listed. Add in tax and possibly shipping and the reel price is probably $200. You saved $75 give or take. If the reel is 2 years old probably not such a hot deal, if only 3 mo's old then an ok deal by my standards ( just my opinion ). During a sale you could come close to getting this reel brand new at the price you paid. Cart's post that it seems like $125 is a typical price they sell for on E-bay sums it up.

Ignoring the "deal or no deal" I don't have experience with Pfluger BC's only spinning. From my Pflueger spinning experience and from what I've read about their bc's on this site I think you will be happy with the performance of the reel.

Let us know what you think of the reel after you fish with it a few weeks as sort of a review. Those are very handy for people considering purchasing reels.

Well, I have the reel, used it once and I loved the way it casted but overall it's too small for me and my hands so I'm going to sell it.

I'm going to stick with my Ambassadeurs. The 4600 Ambassadeur is perfect for me in casting and size.