Sign in to follow this  
Micro

The best rods for these applications?

What is the best rod for bigger (3/4 oz) lipless cranks (Rat L Traps, etc).  I'm not talking brand, but rather length, power,  and action?  

Whats the best rod - length, power, and action - for deep diving jerk and slash baits?  Like LC Pointer 100 DDs?

I've been using my All Star IM10 6'8" MH/F  for both but I'm not sure if its optimal.  I like burning the cranks and very aggresively working the deep suspending jerks.  

What everyone else use?

Lamiglas SR705R, designed by Skeet Reese (AOY 2007). This is a glass rod specifically built for big, heavy or deep diving treble hook lures. The rod is not heavy, but it is powerful. The components are top notch. I consider this rod very "technique specific' and for those applications, I HIGHLY recommend the stick.  

Lamiglas SR705R, designed by Skeet Reese (AOY 2007). This is a glass rod specifically built for big, heavy or deep diving treble hook lures. The rod is not heavy, but it is powerful. The components are top notch. I consider this rod very "technique specific' and for those applications, I HIGHLY recommend the stick.

Is it recommended for both applications?  I mean, is a deep jerkbait rod also a good rod for big lipless cranks?  It would seem the power and action should need to be the same.

I'm going to stick with using my IM10 until spring then I may buy a new rod(s) for these applications - that's why I am asking.

I use the rod for ALL big treble hook lures: topwater, jerkbaits and crankbaits.

(I have also used the SR705R to fish Mattlures' Baby Bass and Ledgebuster 3/4 oz Single Willow Blade spinnerbaits, although it might not be exactly the right rod for these applications.)