Sign in to follow this  
David P

Anyone have the Daiwa Light & Tough Frog Rod?

Thinking about getting a frog rod, and although I'm leaning towards the Powell frog rod, the Daiwa LT one looks SWEET and is $50 cheaper.

i told you them LT rods look beast!!!

No, I told you  ;)

Not to mention, the frog rod looks different then the regular LTs, it's SICK.

I recommend a Team All Star IM10

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

;)............... ;D

No, I told you ;)

Nothing like a sick looking rod to attract more fish. ;D

No, I told you  ;)

Nothing like a sick looking rod to attract more fish. ;D

I know right! If anything, it'd just give me some added confidence in frog fishing.

hey guys just my 2 cents here ,,, but if you want a frog rod with a crisp action and the power to horse them outta the slop .... you may wanna look at the st croix legened tourney bass ( frog rod ) ive tryed a few including the loomis frog rod ... nothing has come close,, croix really hit one outta the park with that legened tourney bass frog rod

Picture152.jpg

Picture076.jpg

when im froggin i toss those baits in the nastest salad in the lake .... so i need to know i have the power to horse a 5lber outta that salad .... no worries what so ever ....  ;)

That's a nice rod, but also $100 more  ;)

Does the L&T have a retractable butt section?  It looked like it to me.  I don't like retractable butts.  Maybe nothing wrong with them, but something about them bugs me.

I usually use my pitching and flipping rod for toads and frogs - All Star American Classic AC FRH 7'6" heavy/extra fast.  Light, sensitive, tough as nails.  No retractable butt.  

hey thanks JIMzee .... yea i had trouble with the weight of the loomis also the length of the rod .... i also tryed using a flipping stick ,, just seemed to miss alotta fish it was like tryin to swing a log .... i saw the croix and after a quick look ,,, i new the croix is shorter and liter than the other rods .... the croix is crisp and fast as well as strong .... i braught in a few 5lb pluse bass that where carrin at least 7 pounds of slop ..... one i even braught in on a big peice of wood .... the rod and reel i chose are killer ... i love the lite weight feel of my frog set up .... now i did pay alot but i miss very few fish .... and the way our waters fill with weeds in the summer you really need a frog rod so i didnt mind the price ....

I have one and have no complaints. I think its a good rod for the money. It does have a retractable butt section that makes it about 6'