Sign in to follow this  
cannibass

fishing line question

I am debating on what kind of line to get for my crappie/trout setup and was wondering what's the difference between mono and fluorocarbon line. I plan on throwing small kastmasters and roostertails with the 6lb line and using the extra spool with 4lb test for bobber with minnows. Any suggestions on the type of line to get? So for I've been eying the pline soft fluorocarbon line.

Fluoro is supposed to be more sensitive and less visible to fish when underwater than mono. However, that's not always the case. Generally, mono is alot easier to manage on a spinnig reel. I would reccomend 4 lb Suffix Elite for your ulltralight setup. That's what I use on mine, and it's a great line.

X2... Sufix is good stuff.  

welcome aboard too.

nice name .... :)

Welcome aboard!

Maxima is a pretty good line for pan fish. Get the "clear" in 4 lb test for BOTH reels. It is as stealthy as fluorocarbon and much more user friendly.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewmaximap.html

8-)

I am debating on what kind of line to get for my crappie/trout setup and was wondering what's the difference between mono and fluorocarbon line. I plan on throwing small kastmasters and roostertails with the 6lb line and using the extra spool with 4lb test for bobber with minnows. Any suggestions on the type of line to get? So for I've been eying the pline soft fluorocarbon line.

Limp mono for bobbers, mono or floro for casting. Right now I am using 4lb Stren for most of my pan fishing. I have used 2lb for some bluegill jigging before. I got a big spool cheap, that is why I use so much Stren 4 lb. When they clear out hard water fishing stuff, I will be picking up some more 2 lb for the Bluegills.

Using a 6 lb. flouro in that application would be ideal. The near invisibility of flouro allows you to use a heavier line in a situation where 4 or 2 lb. mono would be required otherwise.