Sign in to follow this  
ABC123

Samurai line, is it REALLY all that???

I know RedlineRobert made a comment about it being good, but is it really THAT good??? At about $26 to fill a reel, are you paying for the name as much as the line??? On papar (screen) it looks like the best line ever made, but....I'm really tempted to try one 18lb spool on one of my baitcasters, but I really don't want to fork over the extra $9 difference just for a name.

Run Power Pro, then Sufix, the Samurai through your fingers and feel the difference.  Thats just to start.  

Pricey?  You bet.  Necessary?  Probably not.  Sufix is also great stuff.  If your into gear, give it a shot.

Thanks, maybe I will try it. The money is not that big of a deal, but I don't want to pay extra for hype. Even if the difference is small, it could be just enough to make it worthwhile. I have my Sol on my CR721 right now, I was thinking of spooling it with the line for light rigs, maybe try skipping under docks with it too. May or may not work good, but I would like to give it a shot. Basically looking for an optimal casting line.

It's the best Ultra Light line I've seen. I haven't used the heavier stuff.

I have seen post about the tensile strenght bein weak like 6 lb breaks at 4 lbs and what knot

I am curious too. Only two people have tried it? The bait monkey is slacking.

Robert,

It sounds like you are saying it is smoother than suffix braid. Does this mean it's quieter through the eyelets too?

I am curious too. Only two people have tried it? The bait monkey is slacking.

Robert,

It sounds like you are saying it is smoother than suffix braid. Does this mean it's quieter through the eyelets too?

Definitely quieter.  Although the noise never really bothered me to begin with.

Don't get me wrong guys, Sufix is fantastic line as well.  When I first started using Sufix I loved it.  Got rid of all my Power Pro line.  But now this is slightly better than Sufix.  Can I justify the cost?  Don't know...

I have seen post about the tensile strenght bein weak like 6 lb breaks at 4 lbs and what knot

They rate their line different for some reason. Their 30lb diameter is the same as Sufix 20lb. Their 18lb is about the same as Sufix 10lb. So in a sense, there could be the misperception that the line is weaker, but comparing actual diameter to actual diameter they work out to about the same strength. The first thing I noticed about the line was the ratings. They have 15, 18 and 20, then 30, 40, 55, 70 from there. They don't have 6 or 10 ratings.