Sign in to follow this  
IL_Bassman

BPS Classic Reel Trade - In

Im going to be going to bps during the classic on the day of the reel trade in and i have a few questions. Do they do this at all the bps stores or just certain ones? Also i know that they give you rebates on reels for your trade ins and the rebate depends on how much the new reel is. But my question is are you only allowed one rebate per reel or if you were to bring 2 or 3 reels in can you use them all on one new reel? Also do they have to be certain reels like baitcaster for baitcaster?  thanks

This is the first I've heard of this Reel Trade-in. It sounds like something you should call and ask the store.

You get a rebate for each reel you bring in. If bring in 3 you get a rebate on 3 reels that you buy.

A few things to consider about the BPS reel trade in during their Spring Classic.

Yes, all BPS do it.  However, not all the stores have this event at the same time.

Last year, Shimano did NOT participate.  There were also some grumblings that Daiwa would not be participating anymore after last year's event.

You can only apply 1 rebate per reel.  Doesn't matter what reel you trade in...which is why I usually just go to Walmart and buy a crapper of a reel to trade in for a new one at BPS :o

Doesn't matter what reel you trade in...which is why I usually just go to Walmart and buy a crapper of a reel to trade in for a new one at BPS :o

LMAO...are they still in the unopened package????

Shimano will not be participating this year either.

Tha Classic is all the stores on the same dates this year!!! This is how it works= You bring in a reel and you get a rebate for a reel that you buy.It depends on how much the reel costs and how much the rebate will be. You can buy any reel and the rebate will go toward that reel. The rebate is run by Bass Pro not Shimano or Daiwa, so you would get a rebate on any Shimano or Daiwa or any reel. If you bring in 3 reels and buy 3 reels you get 3 rebates! Now if you bring in 3 reels and buy only one reel you get one rebate not 3. :o

Tha Classic is all the stores on the same dates this year!!! This is how it works= You bring in a reel and you get a rebate for a reel that you buy.It depends on how much the reel costs and how much the rebate will be. You can buy any reel and the rebate will go toward that reel. The rebate is run by Bass Pro not Shimano or Daiwa, so you would get a rebate on any Shimano or Daiwa or any reel. If you bring in 3 reels and buy 3 reels you get 3 rebates! Now if you bring in 3 reels and buy only one reel you get one rebate not 3. :o

I don't know who is right or wrong, and I don't want to get in the middle of it, but.... One thing I can tell you, if Shimano does not want their reels to be part of the promo, they won't be. Guaranteed. That's a Shimano thing.

Nope, the rebate DID NOT apply to Shimano reels last year and will not this year either.  

This is why Shimano is offering the $10/$30/$50 rebates on their reels this spring.