Sign in to follow this  
Redlinerobert

Revo Inshore, with some changes. :)

I really like this reel.  I think for what you get, it's underpriced.  Can't wait to give this a shot in a few weeks.  Paired with a Dobyns Mike Long Swimbait rod, it matches perfectly.  Sorry the pics arent so great.

before

DXMNX-DSC01389.JPG

After

NEJSL-DSC01391.JPG

GTMWQ-DSC01392.JPG

Robert,

Let us know how you like the inshore for throwing big swimbaits as that is the next combo that I am looking at and the one you have looks perfect for the job.  Nice upgrade too and do you mind letting me know what it cost?

Corey

Robert, it does look really sick....have you changed the bearings ?

Congrats

Not yet buddy.  

Robert,

Let us know how you like the inshore for throwing big swimbaits as that is the next combo that I am looking at and the one you have looks perfect for the job. Nice upgrade too and do you mind letting me know what it cost?

Corey

Thanks Corey.  The rod was $195 I believe, i bought the reel on Ebay for $165 (smoking deal!) The carbon arm and grips were ~$130 delivered.  I also put 4 bearings in the paddles, I wanna say they were like $6 each.  

Robert,

Let us know how you like the inshore for throwing big swimbaits as that is the next combo that I am looking at and the one you have looks perfect for the job.  Nice upgrade too and do you mind letting me know what it cost?

Corey

Thanks Corey.  The rod was $195 I believe, i bought the reel on Ebay for $165 (smoking deal!) The carbon arm and grips were ~$130 delivered.  I also put 4 bearings in the paddles, I wanna say they were like $6 each.  

Sounds like if I pick one up I will have to leave it stock, although at the FFO prices I may be able to afford the upgrades although that is a great looking combo even stock.  

When I opened the thread up all I seen was the before picture. I then scrolled down and got a big smile on my face. I love those Bassart handles and knobs, they really stand out.

Very nice my friend.

BTW, how heavy are the knobs related to stock Daiwa knobs? Would you say twice as heavy? I got some ideas for one of my purple Alphas.