Sign in to follow this  
BassZone

How can i open a REVO SX-HS

Does any body know how can i open this reel? I open the magnetic break side but i can 't open the gears side. Also i can 't not pull off the spool from the body.

PLEASE HEELLPPPP!!!

I had posted a similar problem with the spool. See http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1202138852

Reelmechanic provided me with some direction, but frankly I'm afraid to force the spool out so I'll leave it alone and have the issue addressed when I have the reel cleaned.

From the sound of things, Abu may have a QC issue with the Revo line.

I'll be interested to hear how your issue is resolved. Actually, I suspect a few Revo owners will be interested.

The problem is exactly what Reelmech said it was. The spool bearing is sticking in its sleeve. I just opened both of my STXs and both of my SXs and that is exactly what is going on. It is NOT a problem - the tolerances are tight. They are supposed to be.

Here is the sleeve Reelmech was talking about...

revo1.jpg

The reason you get some in and out play is because that bearing slides back and forth on the shaft a little bit (again, it's supposed to).

revo3.jpg

revo2.jpg

Grasp the spool shaft and pull firmly while giving it a good jiggle. Before you put it back in, take a q-tip and LIGHTLY swab the inside of that shaft with a little reel oil.

(Ironically, if that sleeve was too loose, you've have bigger problems.)

Does any body know how can i open this reel? I open the magnetic break side but i can 't open the gears side.

I am also having this problem. Its like you get all the screws out but it still feels like its screwed down tight.

Does any body know how can i open this reel? I open the magnetic break side but i can 't open the gears side. Also i can 't not pull off the spool from the body.

PLEASE HEELLPPPP!!!

and

I am also having this problem. Its like you get all the screws out but it still feels like its screwed down tight.

That's because it is screwed down tight.  

If you don't remove the spool, you can't take the handle side plate off.  Because there is a screw on the inside of the frame under the spool that needs to be removed before that sideplate can come off.

Here is a series on a Revo Inshore rebuild that is well photo-documented that shows the breakdown of the reel.  (Inshore has a centrifugal brake).

Revo Rebuild

Micro,

Great job on explaining..

K U T G W

One other thing can be done. If you walked into a shop and purchased the reel. Take it back and have the people there open the reel, and remove the spool.

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!!

Micro,  Excellent instructions.  Thanks for taking the time to take pics and the like!  Abu has definately made a quality, well put together, strong product once again.  And this time they got the LP baitcaster thing right!  I have an upper line Torno, it is a good, sturdy reel, but nothing like the Revo's.

Reelmech nailed it.  I tried to get a pic of the bearing in the sleeve but couldn't manage it.  Glad to help.

Thanks!!!

The problem was the line, but whit your photos i just open it and i found the broken pice and buy it and is coming all the way to Mexico.... I 'm from monterrey mexico

Thanks for yuor info and great forum!