Sign in to follow this  
Bassaholic84

quantum tour edition pt or revo sx

which reel should i get with quantums $50 mail in rebate i can get them about the same price  

I voted for the Quantum. I had two Revo SX's(and an STX, still have an S). The Revo's are really small, which for me caused problems. I was also unhappy with the magnetic brakes. It seemed like you had none at min. and very little at max. Of course thumb control is what matters most, but on a windy day, I have to use the brakes.I prefer centrifugal brakes anyway. I am very happy with the Quantum's that I have now. My daughter uses the Revo S(centrifugal brakes), she is 8, so small is good.

yea i am leaning toward the quantum.  i was planning on get the revo and found the quantum for 130 after the rebate  so i am rethinking

I recomend Shimano Curado. But out of thoose two...I'd go with the Tour Edition. I have a Energy, which is a pretty good reel. And I have a friend with a Tour Edition, He LOVES it!!! I'd still go with a CURADO but the Tour Edition is the best out of the 2 choices you gave.

;)

I recomend Shimano Curado. But out of thoose two...I'd go with the Tour Edition. I have a Energy, which is a pretty good reel. And I have a friend with a Tour Edition, He LOVES it!!! I'd still go with a CURADO but the Tour Edition is the best out of the 2 choices you gave.

;)

I knew the Shimano posse would show up, a poster asks about Quantum or Abu. Ya'll just gotta say Curado ;) At least you did eventually recommend a reel he asked about.

anybody ever used both of these reels i always wanted  a revo but dont know with this quantum deal

Up until this past year I have been a Quantum fan.  I started with the first Energy reels and ended up with 3 or 4 PT reels.  

I am now using 5 Revo STX's for my primary rigs.  I like the smaller low profile of the new Revo's and for me with my cranky hands it is easier to palm.  

I haven't tossed the Quantum's and just recently had 3 of them tweeked by Reel Mech.  They will be in the boat but for me the Revo will be my reel from now on.  I get more distance on my casts and the drag on the STX is awesome.

Shortbasser

Im lookin at the spring fishing classic paper that i just got today and i think your thinking of the Energy PT. The Tour Edition is regularly 239.95$ and with the rebate its 189.95$. The Energy PT is 189.95$ and with the rebate is 139.95$. I would go with the Abu  ;).

no an online dealer sells it for 180 after rebate its 130.   but with the revo i dont have to wait for the rebate.  

so i think i am going to get the revo.  and pair it up with an extreme rod.  180 total

I'd rather not divulge my vote, but it wasn't quantum  ;D