Sign in to follow this  
rocknfish9001

great jigheads

I am looking for somebody that knows some really great jigheads. The type of jigheads i am looking for should apply to grubs, craws, reapers, and small worms. I am currently a fan of mushroom shaped heads. Sharp hooks are an absoloute necessity as well. The best jigheads i can find are always from small local companys, and are priced a little higher as well. My 2 favorites are D's (Mishawaka, IN) 60 degree worm jigheads, they have great gamakatsu hooks and a sweet mushroom shaped head, and i just got some other jigheads, the same style made by some company in allegan, MI. What have you come to love as far as companys and designs go?

Over the last few years Finesse worms have become one of my go-two baits.

These heads have been very productive for me

1. Bass Pro Lite Wire

2. Tru-Tungsten Ball Buster

3. Luck-E Strike Finesse

4. Bite-Me Shaky Ball Heads

They all work great, Corey

Best all around jighead is the Spot Stalker. Can be used on almost any soft plastic. Works in grass since it has a grass head but also works in other types of cover well. Has a removeable wire weedguard so it can be fished with the weedguard or Alabama rigged (Texas rig on a jighead). Has a strong enough hook for heavy cover and giant bass but light enough hook to use with light line. Comes in a bunch of different weights. Has a dimple on the bottom which allows use of a heavier jigjead with a slower rate of fall. Has a stand up head. Great keeper behind the head so the worm don't slide down but also isn't in the way of a good hookset. Has an excellent hook up ratio. I don't know of any other jighead that does this many things as well as this jighead. This is the only one I have found that can do it all. www.unclejosh.com

I will have to agree with Randall. The Spot Stalker is an incredable jighead.

Another one to check out is the Spot Remover Pro Model by Buckeye Lures. It's a stand-up jig head and works great with all soft plastics. www.Buckeyelures.com

Just discovered a nice looking jig with decent sized hooks at  www.spotsticker.com.  Haven't ordered any yet but they seem to be a real nice jighead.  Anyone here familiar with them?

I use the spotstickers sometimes when not fishing around grass and when I feel like a need a 90 degree bend jighead.  The guys who run the company are really good guys as well.

Here's another BassResource. com member site to checkout:

www.micromunchtackle.com

Craig DeFronzo (earthworm77)

They are not mushroom shaped but I use PJ's Bass Extractor jigheads for my worms, they have a wire hook in the head that holds the worms or whatever you use on the hook really well

www.pjlures.com

I thought I would be the first to post abou Spot Removers when I saw this post. THANKS ALOT, fluke.  ;) These things are almost like an up-side-down mushroom head, and are the best shaky-rig jigheads around.