Sign in to follow this  
ssaB_htuoM_egraL

Revo SX line guide problem

I have a Revo SX that has had an issue lately. It mostly happens when I am fishing slow (plastics or jigs). The line guide will reach the far left side and stop but the reel will keep winding line. It also sometimes clicks when it reaches that point. I do maintain my reels, I have tried blowing out the worm gear and re-lubricate with no avail. I want to disassemble the line guide but I am afraid I will not get it back together. My question is, has anybody had this problem or has anybody ever disassembled the line guide?

I looked on the reel mechanics website and when you go under charges it says he doesn't do service to Abu Garcia low profile. If he won't touch them, then I have a right to be nervous about taking it apart. I just hope I can figure something out because I really like the reel. :'(

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help!

On the front of the reel by the levelwind under the line eyelet  there will be a round black cap with a slot for a screwdriver.  Try to gently tighten it up

Don't tighten anything!!! That cap will crack if tightened to much.. :(

Take the cap off and check the line carriage pawl, if there is a buildup on the base of the blade then clean it with a tooth brush .. If when you get the pawl out look at the blade if it is worn to a crescent shape then it is time to replace it.....

NOTE: only oil goes on the worm gear if your not using it there already..

Just my .02¢ from the bench....

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!!

Don't tighten anything!!! That cap will crack if tightened to much.. :(

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!!

That is why I said gently :) I was thinking that maybe the cap had unscrewed itself. If the cap backs off can the pawl inside not slip back and skip on the worm gear?

Thanks for the information, I will try to tackle later. I wasn't sure if i took that cap off if something could pop out and I wouldn't find it.

Reelmechanic, is it true you do not touch Abu Garcia low profile? On one page of your website it says you do maintain Abu Garcia and on another it says you don't. Just wondering in case I need to send it to you. :(  

Thanks again!

The failure of the line carriage to move has always been caused buy dirt and grim build ups in the worm gear and the pawls in ability to cut through it all and not make the transition properly.

Cleaning and lubricating the worm gear, pawl, and line carriage properly will prevent this....

The only LP Garcia' we don't touch are the Eon's or Older Discontinued Low Profile Reels (i e XLT's etc.) We service all of Garica' round reels and any of the Revo series...

Just my .02¢ from the bench....

Tight Lines!!!!

Thank you, at the end of the year I will send my reels to you for yearly cleaning and service.

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to answer questions.

Paul