Sign in to follow this  
FR0G

New reel?

Well shiz, there goes another bit of $$ this summer.   :-[

Shimano better get off their ***** and release their new reels before I start another buying spree.  :-X

The only thing is, why are they charging $200 for an S with different bearings and gears?

I noticed that too.  I don't see anything about that reel that would make it that expensive.  Maybe the price will drop???

The only thing is, why are they charging $200 for an S with different bearings and gears?
Because of the new alloy the frame is made from (salt resistant), the 10 HPCR bearings that it has (around $10+ msrp each bearing),

That's the same frame material that the Revo Inshore uses. Essentially, it's an Inshore with more and upgraded bearings, and a lower gear ratio. It's got the centrifugal brake.

Nice looking reel.

Shimano better get off their ***** and release their new reels..

Shimano has been on their game for ages.  This is just Abu Garcia finally playing some badly needed catch up.

Because of the new alloy the frame is made from (salt resistant), the 10 HPCR bearings that it has (around $10+ msrp each bearing),

That explains the price tag a little better.  Ten dollars a bearing - Thats insane.

I have somewhat been in the market for a musky reel and I bet this thing would probably handle one.  I may just end up getting this sometime.

I understand Reelmech's explanation of the different materials costing more but it really seems like Abu is jumping onto the Shimano bandwagon now by way overcharging as soon as their intro product takes off.

J