Sign in to follow this  
Captin Obvious

Daiwa's Megaforce and Exceler baitcaster reels?

Has anybody ever used or own's these reels.I hear alot of good things about the Megaforce,but I can't find anthing on the Exceler.I plan to put them on Shimano Crucial rods. Any info will be welcomed  

I bought an Exceler a few weeks back to play with. A friend of mine loves his and I had fished it a little. I really like the Exceler, especially the price. This is my first experience with Daiwa reels and I am very pleased with it's performance. The Magforce braking is alot more effective than any other magnetic braking I have used. For $70, I don't think you can do much better. I haven't got to fish it as much as I have wanted, my new Citicas and Energy PTs are taking all of my time. I have no experience with the Megaforce, so I won't offer an opinion.

I don't know about the Exceler but the local tackle shop owner said that the Megaforce is his number one returned reel of all time.  When I asked what was wrong with all the reels he had gotten back, he said that there was not one in particular thing just mechanical issues.

I have also seen this reel go regularly for around $40 on ebay.

I bought a Megaforce couple weeks ago tired it out the next weekend. Didnt like it one bit just junk in my opinion, but I gave it a second chance this past weekend and sure to say Its back at the store I bought it from. Save you time and money and get something different

I have fished my megaforce fairly hard last fall and this spring. No problems so far. Knock on wood! I actually like the reel. Sure as I say that it will probably break! haha..