Sign in to follow this  
Tokyo Tony

Does such a rod exist?

I wonder if a spinning rod with these specs exists:

ML or L power, F but preferably XF action, 7'. Quality-wise, something like a Shimano Crucial, give or take.

Any ML or L power rods I find are either 5' or way too whippy - usually both. Has anyone heard of a rod with similar specs to what I mentioned? I think it would be a blast to catch river trout and smallmouth on a rod like this with a little 1000 sized reel and 8-10 lb test braid.

Thanks

ww

I wonder if a spinning rod with these specs exists:

ML or L power, F but preferably XF action, 7'. Quality-wise, something like a Shimano Crucial, give or take.

Any ML or L power rods I find are either 5' or way too whippy - usually both. Has anyone heard of a rod with similar specs to what I mentioned? I think it would be a blast to catch river trout and smallmouth on a rod like this with a little 1000 sized reel and 8-10 lb test braid.

Thanks

Not exactly 7 ' but 6 '4": Graphiteleader Bosco GLBS64L or ML ( the shipping charge is obscene for a one piece rod but for a two piece rod is quite cheap ) GLBS642L or ML. I have the GLBS602ML and it 's one heck of a rod, price is not steep, around 12, 600 yens ( around 120 dollars ).

BOSCO_ima.jpg

Very cool, thanks for the info.

My father lives in Tokyo so next time he visits I might request a Bosco  8-)

Choosing between the Crucial and the Avid might be tough...I'll let you guys what ends up happening.

Has anyone used a rod with these specs? It seems like it will be fun...

I have the Bosco GLBS602ML paired to a Daiwa Revros 2004 spooled with 6 lb Trilene XT line, it gets a 10 in the funometer scale.  ;)