Sign in to follow this  
Crowcommander

Revo SX or Citica 200D

Yard sale money is burning a hole in my pocket. I usually buy 2 reels at a time and have narrowed the choices down to Revo SX and Citica 200D. Its been like 10 years since I bought new reels. The Citica didn't have ball bearings when I bought my last 2 reels which were Curados. Any good honest advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance Crowcommander

I can only compare the SX to the Curado 200DHSV.  In that comparison the SX is smaller, lighter, easier to palm, cast further, has an externally adjustable brake, had less backplay, 18-24 lbs of drag, and is as well made as the Shimano.   The Shimano was as smooth, had a little more effective centrifugal brake, and had much more comfortable grips.  Both handled light baits well.

i have never used the revo, but i can tell you the citica is the bomb diggity.

it casts very well, very powerful, comfortable, the brakes are very effective and dont need to be adjusted very often, its a great reel at a great price. it is a big large and heavy though.

Bought my son a Citica last year from local Cabela's Bargain Cave at a killer price.  Had some problems with it initially but seems a good cleaning and relube took care of that.  It's a decent reel but it is NOT in the same league as a Revo SX and he doesn't like it anymore.  My SX is better in all performance aspects than the Citica by a good margin.  

I can speak very highly of the Ctica. Never used a Revo.

I have two Citica 200Ds that are great, they are in the top tier for ease of casting and control. I had a Revo SX awhile back that was an excellent reel, but just too small for me. The SX casted light lures probably better than any reel I have ever used, next to the STX. I recommend you find a shop with both mounted on rods and put your hands on them. If possible try to cast both as well.

I have fish with the SX and STX, close very similar and I think is a good general reel......I refuse to use Shimano's b/c of the  century outdated VBS .......and not, they are not Daiwas

I have fish with the SX and STX, close very similar and I think is a good general reel......I refuse to use Shimano's b/c of the century outdated VBS .......and not, they are not Daiwas

Mag brake systems have been around longer than adjustable centrifigul systems.

I own both.  My Citica DPV is used for crank baits.  It has the 5.0:1 ratio.  I really like it.  My Revo SX is smaller and fits the palm well but it is starting to have internal problems.  Cleaned it twice this year and finding that when I reel it in it has a grinding sound.  Will post that issue.  

For the money you cannot go wrong with the Citica.