Sign in to follow this  
Chris at Tech

anyone fished the new St Croix Legend Tourney rods?

Anyone fished the new split grip St Croix Legend Tourney sticks?  I've handled them a few times, but the reel grip strikes me as being too short.  Can anyone who has spent a good amount of time fishing one of these rods have any comments on how comfortable it is to fish?

I'm considering picking up a 70MHF to act as a jig, C-rig, bigger T-rig and paddletail swimbait rod.  I can't imagine going over 3/4 oz for a jig or C-rig, which is why I'm leaning towards the MHF over the HF.

Comments?  Feedback?  Bueller?

I have few of these rods including the 70MHF. This rod is more like a H. It has a lot of backbone and is intended for big spinnerbaits, but is a very good deep water jig rod. I dont mind the split grips for fishing. It is not noticable if you palm the reel.  I have a shimano 50MG on this rod (curado 200 but didnt balance too well).

I also have the Big Gulp and the C-rg rod from this lineup. I also highly recommend the Big Gulp rod, it is a really light flippin stick.

I only have two in the musky lineup. Very, very nice rods. For my musky fishing, I would say they are the best rods I own, if not the best available.

your not talking about these babys are ya ???

Picture209.jpg

if so yea i fish them all the time ... great rods ... i really like the blanks ... now i too was a little worried about the split cork being a little small at first /// however after fishing these rods i will say the split cork is perfect ... and i have big hands ... but as was said before ,,, i palm the reel so there is plently of cork ... now i dont even notice ....

I fish the MF jerkbait rod and use it as my all purpose one.  It's a great rod sensitive and light (though not much more than the Avid for the extra $).  The split grip felt weird for me at first also but now I don't even notice, it wasn't a very difficult adjustment.

It's a great rod sensitive and light (though not much more than the Avid for the extra $).  

Yea, I'm curious about that one as well.  Is this series of rods a significant step up from the Avid line?

the main difference in the avids to the LTBs ,,,, is the blanks ... the avid is sc3 with ipc  and the ltb sc4 with ipc and art  /// other than that i prefer the eyes on the LTB rods //// i also prefer the split cork on the LTB //// .... dont get me wrong the avid is a great stick .... but imo the ltb is just that step up from the avids ... i can tell differences in the feel ... the ltb does have more feel to it ..maybe its because your fingers are always on that blank ,,, not sure ... you wouldent think that there would be that much difference from the sc3 to sc4 .... but i will tell ya the ltb has great feel to it ....