Sign in to follow this  
okrod

Broken Rod

I know the moderators are going to kick this to tackle, but I wanted some local NOVA guys opinions on a new rod or combo since you know the water I'm fishing.  I broke the rod tonight trying to retrieve a snagged lure.  It was an old Galyan's IM6 medium heavy 6' spinning rod.  I loved the rod and feel it met my needs, but I really don't know the tech on the hardware.  I use soft and hard baits up to 3/4 oz and usually 12 lb P-line Floroclear.  I haven't used a baitcaster, so I think I want to stay with spinning unless there's a great reason to move.  Although my real is also old (shimano 2000) I could keep it and only get a rod if that makes sense to do.  I also think I would like to get something local (Dick's, etc.) since I have not backups.  I'm looking to spend less then $100 bucks since recent car repairs sapped my funds.

Any recommendations would be great.  

Thanks,

Okrod

if you have to go to dick's, I guess you could grab an all star classic and a pfluger president for around 100, with what ever coupons are floating around.

But my best advice would be to look for a deal online.

sports authority has a $25 off 100 in this weeks ad. Pity they don't have much of a selection. I've heard pretty good things about the berkely lightning rods and they're almost half your limit at around 40 bucks.  I'll be going to greentop this weekend to get a new rod myself. You're welcome to tag along for the long drive. ;D

Why would you think a bass rod would be lake or region specific?

:)

Why would you think a bass rod would be lake or region specific?

:)

I believe okrod is looking for local deals so he doesn't have to make an online purchase or travel far.  The closest BPS or any large fishing store to us is about 45minutes away. We're limited to walmart, dick's, and sports authority.... :'( atleast I am.

I purchased a St. Croix Triumph at Dick's.  It was $59 and they doubled up my coupons for a $25 savings.  Not bad.

Thanks for the feedback guys.  

Has anyone used the Acadia Sports F series rods?  They're $50, but buy one get one free.