Sign in to follow this  
Chris at Tech

Falcon rod input?

Anyone have any input on the Falcon Cara or Expert rods?

It's one of those rods I see a lot, but I never seem to hear much about them.

Anyone here have any experience?

***.com has one as their daily special today for $69 I think.  Its a 6'6 ml casting, seemed like a good deal to me.

i like the lowrider series too. great crank rod.

I picked up a Cara at the store the other day just to look at and it seemed like a very nice rod.

Since the Avid series seems to be somewhat of a standard in this price range, anyone have a comparison between Avids and Falcons as far as sensitivity, etc?

I got to try a Cara for a little while this past week.  I would give it a thumbs up.  Way more sensitive than I imagined.

i have used cara's the past couple years and love em..this year i bought 2 cara T7"s..and like them as well...very light and sensitive yet strong......i would recomend them to anyone...

I own a Cara and an Avid. Mine don't quite match so my reports might not be that adequate. My Cara is a 7' H casting. I typically use it for jigs, carolina rigs, and pitching. I love this rod. It is very sensitive. It's an older version and I'm very close to pulling the trigger on the newer T7's. They have an even better/lighter feel to them.

My Avid is a 7'M casting. I use it mainly for fishing light texas rigs, topwaters, and flukes. I just got this rod this past winter. It's a very sensitive rod. Hard to give an even comparison between it and the Cara...I use the Cara for much more bottom contacting lures and have primarily used the Avid for flukes and topwaters. However, I have been very pleased with the feel of light t-rigs.

Overall-there's just something that I don't like about the Avid  :-/ I can't quite figure it out. It's light and responsive and plenty of feel. Just doesn't feel "right" to me. Both are great rods. My personal choice is my Cara however.