Sign in to follow this  
BassinSoldier

2 citicas or 1 TD Zillion??

I am stuck in Iraq, but my birthday is coming up and I am stockin up on new stuff to harass the ol' green trout with when I get home next year...SO:  Should I get 2 Shimano Citicas or 1 Team Daiwa Zillion???  I have been wanting a 7:1 reel for a while now and I hear the Zillion is a good one for a burner.  Do any of the Citicas come in that ratio???  What are you guys' thoughts on my "problem"?? ;D

If you can, wait for the new curado 200E7 then make your decision. You can then compare it to the zillion.

I know its hard when that baitmonkey is on your back. I was going to wait for the new curado before purchasing a new reel but the other day I pull the trigger on a brand new Chronarch 51mg on ebay for $150 so I guess no curado for a while. but at that price I couldn't say no.

Good luck

Ok, so I am gonna update this...Team Daiwa Zillion or Curado for the 7:1 higher end reel?  Or 2 Citicas???  Which should I get in ya'lls opinion???

Citicas have 6.2-1 gears ;). I own 2 of them and think they are GREAT. IMHO I would rather have 2 of them, if you can do without the high speed gears :o...

As Ever,

skillet

Point taken!  Thanks for the input.  I was leanin more towards the zillion anyway.  My brother in law has one and loves it.  Can't wait till I get home next year and get to use it finally!!!  6 more months, then anything that'll eat a lure is in biiiiiig trouble on Kentucky Lake and all of my Ft. Campbell ponds!  I'm coming home on leave in August and they'll get a lil taste of the blod red gammy with a horny toad...I so can't wait for those 18 days!

Zillions are coming out in a 7.3 burner......new wave of stuff from Daiwa and Shimano should be coming out mid to late July.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewdaiwazillionhyperpreview.html

Man, that thing looks sweet.

Thanks for serving our country BassinSoldier.  I'm sure you can't wait to get back to the US for some real feeshin'.

Thanks for the link!  I bet fishin a buzzbait or toad with that sucker will be sweeeeeeeeeeet!