Sign in to follow this  
Trent, B

which rod

I can't speak for the BCR854 Mossyback but the MBR844C IMX is the best general purpose rod I have.  This rod can handle just about anything.  I find it works great for Fat Ikas and 5 in Senkos, jerkbaits, topwater lures, jigs (just OK), and especially great for Carolina Rigs.

On the other hand I have a BCR803 GLX that I use for jigs/worms exclusively.  It is the most sensitive rod I own and also the most fun.  If have a couple extra bucks, I would highly recommend it.

The Loomis press releases said the mossybacks were between gl3 and IMX.  The IMX was also less expensive in many models. (current msrp has the 844 +$35 over the 854)

Based on that, I'd go 844 and not look back.  But, I've had the benefit of owning several MBR844's over the years, and still have one of them. (custom built)  I have not used the bcr854.

Probably can't go wrong with the 854 but for a difference of only $35 I would get the IMX.

The Loomis press releases said the mossybacks were between gl3 and IMX. The IMX was also less expensive in many models. (current msrp has the 844 +$35 over the 854)

Based on that, I'd go 844 and not look back. But, I've had the benefit of owning several MBR844's over the years, and still have one of them. (custom built) I have not used the bcr854.

Probably can't go wrong with the 854 but for a difference of only $35 I would get the IMX.

+1 - If there is a better rod for the $ than a 844C IMX, I haven't seen it.

Ronnie