Sign in to follow this  
Speed Worm

Problem with new Revo: HELP!

I purchased a new Revo S baitcaster a couple of weeks ago. I've been fishing it quite a bit with no problems. However, this last time I took it out the reel started griding! So I decided to lubricate the reel. I removed the drag star/wheel and made sure that all the little pieces inside went back in the right place. But when I put it back together, the spool will not rotate when the handle is turned. And the thumb bar will not go back up.

What am I supposed to do now?

Await *** reply.  He's answered this question exactly 1,235 times.  This month.

Hey Micro,

I've been looking around but I can't find any info. Even with the star drag tightened all the way the spool does not engage!

Seriously, *** answered this same question a week or so ago.  I just can't remember what he said it was.  Maybe something installed backwards.    It was simple, though.  He'll be along soon, I'm sure.

I don't remember answering a question like this other than with this statement.....

Another very good reason why I say.. "If you have never (opened a reel up) then don't start now".

I don't know by what you have written here how far you went into the crank assembly. If the reel is that new send it to Garcia for repair, or take it to your local Tackle Shop that you purchased it from for replacement or repair

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!

I'm not sure about the Revo since I don't have one, but EVERY other reel that I have taken the crank side plate off of, I've had to hold the thumb bar up and make sure the release is engaging properly when reassembling the reel.

Thank you guys for the help. I've tried everything and gave up on the thing. I took it to a local rod and reel service center. It'll be fixed in 2 weeks. In the mean time, I need a replacement ...

I don't remember answering a question like this other than with this statement.....

Another very good reason why I say.. "If you have never (opened a reel up) then don't start now".

Come on, man.  Get yourself some ginseng  ;)

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1210571976/0#0

Micro,

Come on, man.  Get yourself some ginseng
Well I didn't think I needed any....  :-?

Thanks for the reference, but this problem isn't where the angler disassemble the whole reel. Here we have ..

I removed the drag star/wheel and made sure that all the little pieces inside went back in the right place.
Here the angler doesn't say just how far the reel was disassembled. There are a lot of reasons that a reel can act a certain way one time, and, begin to act another way at a different time.

Trying to explain on a forum what is going on for a certain issue isn't a good thing to try and do.

Knowing the correct nomenclature for each reels parts and understanding the module assembly patterns isn't easy on a forum either, and I don't normally try to teach someone on an open forum, what it took me 25 years to learn...

Want to really learn how to service reels then come sit on my left hand and watch.... 8-)

He finally got it to the people that should have gotten the reel when he first noticed the problem.

Tight Lines All!!  

Knowing the correct nomenclature for each reels parts...

You mean like 'thingamabob' and 'little twisty thing.'  ;)

Yea and all of those dohickies in the reel also..... ;)