Sign in to follow this  
preach4bass

Rod Suggestions

What would you suggest for a casting rod to use for T-rig, Carolina rig, and jig fishing around the $100 mark?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions. ;)

Shimano Compre are good rods in that price range.  Do you have a length preference?  They have 6'6", 6'10" and 7' all in MH/X-fast builds.

Compre rods are real nice for around 89$. Honestly, though, as much as I love Shimano, I'd try out the Berkley Tactix rods. I got one for a shore rod since it was cheap and love it. it's a 7'6" medium heavy flipping rod. the guides looked cheesy and I was skeptical when I was looking at them, but they're actually real smooth. we'll see how they hold up. also, there's a small section of the rod near the reel side that acts as a telescoping compartment for the rest of the rod length...probably shortens the rod by a foot. (helps fit into many boats, etc)

I went to the store planning on a daiwa heartland - another awesome rod for the price, but they didn't have any. The Tactix rods are incredible for 50$...so as long as durability holds up I'll be real happy. Don't forget to try the Shimano Compre rods, though. They're hard to beat for 89$ or so.

7'MH American Rodsmith Team Series

7'MH Quantum Energy PT

7'MH Bass Pro Extreme

7'MH Falcon Lowrider

These would be my top 4. I think the American rodsmith and quantum carry a lifetime warranty. Cant remember about the Falcon and Bass Pro has always made things right for me.

The quantum is the most underrated rod I have used, I much prefer these 4 over the Compre and they only cost about $10-$20 more.

Shimano Crucial: CRC-X610MH- 6'10" Medium Heavy/ Extra Fast.

If it were me buying at the $100 and under range, I would concentrate my efforts in All Star or Shimano.

If it were me buying at the $100 and under range, I would concentrate my efforts in All Star or Shimano.

I agree with the All Star..that should have been in my list.

Dang, shimano must have made some serious improvements in their rods! I havent had one in 5 or more years but they certainly weren't anything to brag about. Sounds like I may need to give them another shot. I am surprised to see anyone recommending these over all star, falcon, and American rodsmith!

Dang, shimano must have made some serious improvements in their rods! I havent had one in 5 or more years but they certainly weren't anything to brag about. Sounds like I may need to give them another shot. I am surprised to see anyone recommending these over all star, falcon, and American rodsmith!

Things and times are a changin!!!!!!!!!

Y ou have to keep an open mind about fishin equipment.

My thoughts exactly a little over, but worth it.

x3

I just purchased one this month and it has replaced 2 more expensive custom mades.   Cabela's also treats Shimano as their own in regards to warranty.  Replacement in the store no shipping.

GO BIG RED