Sign in to follow this  
Bass Pro

Anyone seen/used the BPS XPS Finesse Rods?

I noticed these rods were on sale for $69. Here's the link: http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_73559_100002006_100000000_100002000_100-2-6

I am thinking about getting one for my brother who always fishes light weight soft plastics.  Has anyone seen these in the store or actually used one?  If so, is it worth it or is it total junk?  Any feedback?

THANKS!

Don't have the trigger rod - but I do have the 6'3" MF spinning version paired with a Pflueger Supreme 8030MG. I've been using it since April for weightless/sinkerless 4" and 5" worms and have been very pleased with the castability, sensitivity, and backbone of the rod. I think it is well worth $70.00..................TJ

i have the 6'9" ML one and, amazingly, it is probably my most-used rod (and, i have a LOT of nice rods). it handles dartheads, light jigs, grubs, wacky senkos, tubes better than even my g.loomis 783C. the castability (for distance and accuracy) is flat-out amazing. sensitivity is good (but not great like with my g.loomis and shimano crucials). backbone for hooksetting is more than adequate. for the price, you cannot go wrong. i myself am thinking of picking up two of the spinning versions to add to my arsenal.

I also have the 6'9" ML rod. It's my super fluke rod. It's also the rod I pick up for situations where most people would pick up a spinning rod. I also use it as my backup crankbait rod.

The rod loads well enough to cast very light weight offerings, but still has respectable backbone. I've caught a couple of five pounders on it, and had no touble with them. I wouldn't use this rod to pitch jigs into heavy cover. It's meant for light line techniques, and is very good for that.

At it's regular $100 price point, I regard this rod as one of the best bang for the buck values to be found. At 70 bucks, it's an excellent bargain.

Cheers,

GK

I own the 6'6 ML and the 6'6 M action and I absolutely love them.  I fish a lot of weightless plastics like zoom trick worms and senko style baits.  They are awesome for this.  They also make great medium to shallow crank bait rods.  They are super sensitive and a steal for $70.  I have one paired with a Chronarch MG50 and the whole setup is lighter than many peoples reel alone.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.  I prefer the medium over the medium light rod.