Sign in to follow this  
bchlr

yes another question about new bc setup

Hi, new member, first post here. I've been looking for a bc setup for a while, boy it's hard to decide with all those available choices on the market for bc these days (been a spinning tackle guy all my life). The setup will be used mainly for worming/jigging. I'm willing to drop some serious cash (perhaps in the $350 - 400 range or more) this time, so I figure why not get something both lightweight and long lasting?

Chronarch 50mg and revo premier are the first 2 things coming to mind, but considering new curado e has some considerable weight reduction I wonder if 2 oz will make that big of a difference. Don't like the plastic drag on the 50mg; and there's just something about revo that has me wondering :-/. Or just go buy a citica and save dough for something else?

A M/MH rod in the 6 - 7ft range should do it, as long as it is lightweight and has some nice backbone (broke my uglystik the other time fighting 4 pounder, believe it or not)

Well that pretty much summarizes my need. Looking for some recommendations from you guys. Thanks in advance, Cheers ;)

Have never used Chronarch or Revo but own 2 Citicas and they are GREAT. Just bought a Shimano Crucial Rod Med. with XF tip. It's just right for me. You might want to go with MH just a personal thing. This way you have more money to spend on baits ;D. Also WELCOME to the forums!!!

As Ever,

skillet

I can say that if you go with revo, stay with the s,sx or stx.  Great reels.  I'm not sure of the reasons, but several users seem not to care for the premier.  Maybe someone will chime in and either explain or tell you why I may be mistaken.  Goodluck!

ive never personally used one, but i hear the mega bass loomis rods recommended alot for worm/jig. IMX or GLX would be the way to go. pricey but they have a "no questions asked" warranty if you send them 50 bucks and the broken rod so unless you sink the rod it should last a lifetime.

ive been looking at those rods and the curado for my next combo.

Welcome aboard!

If I only had one baitcaster it would be the G.Loomis MBR844C. The IMX series is fine.

Pick up a reel on our Flea Market, there are great deals their all of the time.

The Shimano Chronarch 50Mg would complete the perfect combo!

Good luck!

8-)