Sign in to follow this  
bass wrangler569

G-Loomis Spinnerbait Rods

Does anyone have any experience with the G-Loomis spinnerbait rods. I'm looking into getting one soon and I was wondering what the benefits are that make these rods so much better for spinnerbaits. I never been dissapointed with any loomis rod so I'm sure it will be great but exactly what advantages does it offer?

I've got the SBR811, SBR812, SBR813 and SBR864.  I started with the 812 and loved it.  It is perfect for regular spinnebaits and buzzbaits.  I then bought hte 864 and throw Revenge 1-1/4 oz blades with this.  It can cast it a mile.  Then I got hte 813 for some 3/4 oz blades and at the same time said, "what the heck, might as well get the 811" because I really like the others.  I don't use the 811 enough though....It's good for 1/4 oz blades

Loomis puts an X-fast tip on these that helps get a better cast.  Plus you get a strong but section and good sensitivity.

Has anybody heard of a GLX Version coming out?  I heard a rumour...

Has anybody heard of a GLX Version coming out?  I heard a rumour...

I'm a true believer when it comes to the joy of fishing a GLX but I can't see the benefit of one for spinnerbaits.

Has anybody heard of a GLX Version coming out? I heard a rumour...

I'm a true believer when it comes to the joy of fishing a GLX but I can't see the benefit of one for spinnerbaits.

Yea, I scratched my head too when I saw that.  My $ is better spent elsewhere...like a GLX BCR.  :)

They are coming out with GLX spinnerbait and GLX crankbait rods.  I like Loomis rods, but I think they could have been a lot more innovative instead of adding the GLX crank and spinnerbait rods.

The spinnerbait and crankbait rods they already make are among some of the best out there.  I'd like to see them get rid of the foregrip and use something other than cork on the handle.  

A GLX with that new Fugi reelseat and black EVA grip would be sweet.  Conventional gets boring after a while.

They are coming out with GLX spinnerbait and GLX crankbait rods. I like Loomis rods, but I think they could have been a lot more innovative instead of adding the GLX crank and spinnerbait rods.

The spinnerbait and crankbait rods they already make are among some of the best out there. I'd like to see them get rid of the foregrip and use something other than cork on the handle.

A GLX with that new Fugi reelseat and black EVA grip would be sweet. Conventional gets boring after a while.

You must be thinking of the new Zillion by Daiwa!!  SWEET looking rod.

A GLX with that new Fugi reelseat and black EVA grip would be sweet.  Conventional gets boring after a while.

Couldn't disagree more.  I hate that spongy Styrofoam feel of the black grips.  

Natural cork feels great.  The cork becomes "personalized".  Like an ole faithful dog it takes on the characteristics of it's owner.

Leave all that plastic stuff to the Japanese and their wannabe lookalikes.  I likes me Loomis' just the way are.

I had 2 SBR812s for a few years. The 812 casts 3/8-1/2 oz spinnerbaits with ease and is lightweight, but didn't have enough power for me. I also found they behaved more like a mod-fast rod even though labeled as extra fast.  I found that the rod flexed too much when under load. I tried the SBR813 and didn't like it. Too stiff and a big jump in power for a 3 powered rod. The blank is thick on the rod.

The IMX MBR783C or MBR843C, depending on your length preference are great spinnerbait rods. Also great for small jigs and texas rigs, as well as 5" Senkos. I have a GLX 843C which is my dedicated Senko, fluke, and weightless soft plastics rod.  :)

I have the SBR812C, now Im not a pro or as avid as many here, more like a weekend warrior. I love the upgrade I made to Loomis rods now owning 3 and the spinnerbait rod for me was a world of difference, I now feel every lil tic, nip n tap with this rod and beleive I've landed more bass because of it, I like the xtra fast tip and for the bass I'm normally hooking she has plenty of holding power and enuff backbone to bring them in.  Im Pleased.