Sign in to follow this  
ptomacbass

casting practice

how often do you guys practiceyour casting.  i don't practice much but i do fish alot (5-6 times a week) and thats some good practice.

Since the temp of the water at my lake is at 92 deg. I guess all I AM doing while fishing is practicing casting. Not much biting WHEN I can go fishing this week.  :)

Seriously though, long-time shore fisherman just now getting into jon-boating so I'm amazed at the room I have to cast. Fishing from shore has taught me precision and now that I have more room, I feel great about my casting.

I do all the time and I don't care what the neighbors think. Also, with a healing ankle it's as close to fishing as I'll be getting this season. :)

I work on hitting manholes via pitching, casting opposite handed, roll casting inbetween low and tight spaces, and trying to go as light in weight as I can on occassion.

I call it cul de sac casting. ;D

Gotta watch out for those cul de sac bass. They are tough ones with only one way out.. :)

how often do you guys practiceyour casting

fly fishing- daily for a week or two before each big saltwater trip (depending on how rusty I am)  Try to flyfish every few weeks throught the year so I don't get too rusty though.

baitcasting- nothing but "on the job training" for 25 years.  :)

Earlier this Spring I was practicing a couple times a week. Lately I havent been prectiving at all. I feel my accuracy has really dropped off.

I had to chuckle when I saw the title for this thread.

A lot of my fishing is short, two hour trips after work. When I get home, my wife asks me how I did. A lot of times I have to say nothing.

She says, "casting practice, eh"?

Funny woman.