Sign in to follow this  
Low_Budget_Hooker

Revo stx-salt?

I have the Bay right at the bottom of my street and I want to test some of the new proto-type baits, can I throw these in the salt with the stx or do I have to make the haul to the lake?

I think you would be better off at the lake although, if your just throwin' around some baits for a little bit I don't see the harm as long as you give it a proper cleaning afterwards. Im sure Micro will have some good info when he gets here.

agreed- if for occasional duty i think it would be fine.  Ive used mine in the salt a few times with a thorough rinse afterwards and its been fine.

I have the Bay right at the bottom of my street and I want to test some of the new proto-type baits, can I throw these in the salt with the stx or do I have to make the haul to the lake?

Thanks....Jake_P   ::)

LBH,

I would say no problem. Rinse and dry the reel well, then re-lube the outside.....

Reel Lubrication

Question wouldn't a fresh water bait run and act differently in a salt environment, different buoyancy and all that?

Tight Lines!!!!  

Im sure Micro will have some good info when he gets here.

I do, indeed. Here it is.

What ReelMech said.

I've used my Revo SCs in brackish water with no problems, but I do what ReelMech says after each use.

Thanks....Jake_P   ::)

LBH,

I would say no problem. Rinse and dry the reel well, then re-lube the outside.....

Reel Lubrication

Question wouldn't a fresh water bait run and act differently in a salt environment, different buoyancy and all that?

Tight Lines!!!!  

It didn't dawn on me until i was walking away from my computer that we have our very own reel expert here on the forums, i said Micro because he seems like he has the most hours with the STX. Didnt need either of you anyways, looks like i gave some pretty good advice myself  :). Btw, your welcome 8-). Any more questions i can be reached through PM or my personal email account  :).

Just for the record, I'm not an expert on any aspect of fishing (except I am an expert on getting skunked), including Revo reels. I just like them and that's about all I use. ANY knowledge I may have already exists on these boards, since that's mainly where it came from.

RM- yes to the bouyancy aspect but I am just looking to reduce or add "wake" and am doing "comparisons" with the previous proto-types so as long as the control bait is in the same type of water, I should be able to tell if the new one is throwing more or less wake than the previous one.

Had this not been the case, your observation would have saved me from wasting a bunch of time as I had not considered this aspect.  Thank you sir.

Thanks for the replies guys. 8-)

Just for the record, I'm not an expert on any aspect of fishing (except I am an expert on getting skunked), including Revo reels. I just like them and that's about all I use. ANY knowledge I may have already exists on these boards, since that's mainly where it came from.

Hey Micro: That is not true, which is why I use you frequently for advice. You always give your experience , like several others here. You are also not shy about saying,"I don't know , I never used it" You experience is worth so much more than some of the arm chair experts. Your help has been very on the money with me

Dominick