Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Coleman

Best reel for under $50

I have a Daiwa Regal RG3000-XIA. I love it, but, I wanna see if i can get by with less money, I was looking at a pflueger trion and it looked pretty nice, anyone every use this reel or have another cheap reel?

One is just about three years old.It's mate is on my friend Bruces rod now. The other is just about a year old. I keep it on a 2 piece rod, behind the seat of my S10 for pond hoping. This reel has thbeen mistreated with no issues! My friend Steve just landed a huge smallie last week and his Trion did the job and is still working fine

I still think the President is the best buy and my favorite spinning reel. I will always have at least one Trion in the arsenal 8-)

I have a few Shimano callistos that are still going strong 3 years later with plans on keeping them for aslong as they'll last!! can't beat this reel for the price: $39.99 at most stores.

You could probably find a used Ambassadeur 4600 for around $50.  Good quality reel that can take a beating and last a longtime.  Plus parts and upgrades are abundant.

Those Trions feel like good reels but I have never fished one.

Abu Garcia....whatever you can find under 50$ Every spinning real from Abu I have used worked flawlessly and I have had 3 over the past couple years. The only one that I dont have anymore was stolen from a friends house.

You can get brand new Pflueger President spinnings in that price range.

You can get Gander Mtn GST spinnings which are very close to a Pflueger Medalist for $25 or less, sometimes used sometimes new on E-bay

You might want to look for used on the Bass Resource forums in this price range

Somone mentioned the older C Cardinal &00 ? series once as great for the value but they are getting harder to find.

The newer Cardinal 300 (?) series seem nice but I haven't seen any reviews on these to know the quality.