Sign in to follow this  
Jacob0434

7'10" shimano Clarus for flippin'

I was in my local Sportsmans and saw a 7'10" Shimano Clarus Medium power casting rod on clearance for $29.99 I just have a few questions. Do you want a stiff tip for flippin' jigs or somewhat of a softer tip? The rod has a Fast action rating to it, but the tip seems to be pretty soft. I don't know if it's just because the length or what not. Was hoping someone out there owns this rod and can give me some insight.

Thanks,

Jacob

Too light for weeds.

Too light for weeds.

X2 IMHO

To me flipping means flipping a bait to a real nasty tuff submerged mesquite tree or huizache brush or in between an almost impenetrable tule bed and for ripping them from those you need a lot of muscle.

I was just wondering, forgot to list the lure rating. (It's 1/4-1oz.) I live in utah and where I fish really don't have alot of weeds or anything like it. It's mostly just trees. Weeds and moss don't come until later in the year and I don't find myself flipping alot then. Thank you for your guy's advice.

Jacob

Weeds and moss don't come until later in the year and I don't find myself flipping alot then.
That is a mistake.  get a heavy rod and try it.  You will be rewarded eventually.

I was just wondering, forgot to list the lure rating. (It's 1/4-1oz.) I live in utah and where I fish really don't have alot of weeds or anything like it. It's mostly just trees. Weeds and moss don't come until later in the year and I don't find myself flipping alot then. Thank you for your guy's advice.

Jacob

Better having the muscle and not needing it than needing it and not having it.