Sign in to follow this  
Flywatersmallie

The bait monkey bit me hard.... again

So, today I was out and about and decided to check sale stuff at a local store. Well I bought the 3rd rod of the week (also got a 6'6" MH Avid and a 6'6" Avid cranking stick earlier in the week). Today I bought a St Croix Legend Tournament Drop Shot rod (6'9" ML). I picked it up for $119, figured I couldnt go wrong. Now I dont yet have a boat (in the budget for spring) so I dont do much in the way of drop shotting. What I'm looking for is possible uses for this thing. I think it will be great for throwing smaller spinner baits like a booyah pond magic, things like that, also lighter tubes, grubs and the like. It sure is pretty with the Revo STX on it!

Question is, what would you use this rod for, any suggestions? Also, anyone else have this particular model? What do you think of it? Thanks!

And don't forget that you can fish the drop-shot rig from shore.

I love it and caught two six-pound ladies in a row out of a friend's pond.

So put that rod to work for you, now!  ;)

So put that rod to work for you, now! ;)

Oh I will! In fact, going to go play with it today. First truly "high end" rod (aside from fly rods) I ever owned. Otherwise, I've been all about the lower level St Croix stuff, Triumphs and Premiers. This is a different animal completely though!

good luck........ sounds like you have a winning combo there!!!!!!!!!

I do catch a lot of smaller bass drop-shotting, but have caught a few 3 lbs. on it as well.....

Like to use the Zoom finesse worms, but on bass tourn. on ESPN saw a pro hammering them on a Jackall bait- dropshotting

Looked like a plastic minnnow of some sort and he was catching 4 lb. smallies!!!!!!!!

It's not all about the big baits....... this summer a friend of mine caught a bass between 8-10 on a dang twiddle tail!!!!!!!!!! and a Zebco 202