Sign in to follow this  
riverfisher

Quantum Accurist CX ?

Anybody use them? Are they a quality reel? Im trying to upgrade some of my crappy stuff with some decent stuff I can afford and found a deal on these.

Thanks Dan

If you're talking abut the baitcaster it's terrible.  It was my fist bait caster and the paint chips, the handle grips get all torn up after a little use, the handle is loose, and the reel feels like it has no power at all.  I now have it on the first baitcasting rod I got and use it to play with my cats.  What i do is make lures from string and add tin foil for weight and cast the lures around my house to play with the cats.

Quantum = Yuck.

Anybody use them? Are they a quality reel? Im trying to upgrade some of my crappy stuff with some decent stuff I can afford and found a deal on these.

Thanks Dan

Yeah I owned 11 of the Accurist AC501CX's. While mine didn't give me hardly any grief I had a lot of them on my bench that had all kinds of (AR) one way bearing, crank, and drag issues. The biggest problem we found was adding to much pressure on the one way bearing pack with the drag star adjustments and it would crack the inner sleave of the bearing pack causing the one way bearing system to fail.

This doesn't mean that you would have the same issues, but there are much better reels out there for the same price points.

Just my .02¢ from the bench....

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!!