Sign in to follow this  
Allatooner

Mystery Curado E7

Ordered a left hand Curado 200E7 from BPS late August.  Was notified near the end of Setember that it was backordered and could be another 30 days.  Was just recently notified that it is still backordered and that if it does not come in by the end of October, my order will be cancelled.  Since its late in the season, I don't mind waiting if its every thing everyone says it is.  Does anyone know if this mystery reel will ever become available?  When?  Is it worth waiting for?  Does any other retailer have it?

I went to the bps in rancho here in CA and they have it in stock. No citica but they have the E7 and E5. First thing I noticed was the lightweight of the reel.spool is almost as light as the calais spool, I know because I asked to look and compare the 2. It is significantly smaller and lighter then the 200d.

I would definantly wait for it if I were you.  8-)

I was at the BPS in Rancho on Wensday and I was told that Shimano hadnt shipped any of its products to the store. HMM :-X

Ordered a left hand Curado 200E7 from BPS late August.

That would be a 201E7 and they aren't due to ship until late October at the earliest.

I was at the BPS in Rancho on Wensday and I was told that Shimano hadnt shipped any of its products to the store. HMM :-X

I went friday afternoon and the guys showed me the E5 and E7.

They didn't have the 201 yet. I was playing w/ the rightys and I am a lefty when I comes to freshwater gear and it was very unnatural reeling w/ my right.

Generally speaking, left handed version of shimano reels come out later than the first waves of righties. Perhaps Bantam1 can shed some light. It's a long wait! ;D

A hunded and eighty bucks for a six pin reel? Hope you like it. ;D

I've been using the E7 for about 2 weeks now and can't say enough good things about it! It's handled everything from 3/16 of an ounce to 2oz swimbaits and 10-14lb test with ease. IMO, $179.00 is well worth it and worth waiting for.

There are now 2 more E7's on my wish list! :)