Hey guys I am new to the forum.  Wow there is a lot of great information here.  Along with introducing myself I have a question as.  Im in the market for some new rods.  I am an All Star fan as they fit the bill with quality and a decent price tag.  Basically Im going to get 3 new rods.  3 casting and one spinning.  I live in the south and these 3 rods are going to have to cover me for a while.  What would you suggest as far as length/action/tip.  Like i said I live in the south and primarily I find myself fishing a texas rig, a jig, spennerbaits and top water.  I appreciate any advice and look forward to being on here regularly in the future.

Jake

you mean 2 casting and 1 spinning?

spinning rod will be used for finesse fishing?

6'6" or 7'" M or ML with XF tip (drop shot, shakey jig, split shot)

for baitcasting i would get

7' H with F tip (heavy cover,heavier jigs, frogs etc)

6'6" MH with F tip (lighter jigs, t-rig, spinnerbait)

although i like to use M to MH spinning gear for light jigs and plastics, if i only had 2 baitcasters and 1 spinning id get the above.

welcome aboard!

id get 6'6 mediumheavy fast tip for most everyything cept, 7ft if you want a dedicated topwater (though i jut use my crig rod @  7'6") and a glass rod if you want to throw cranks.

i have found for myself anyway that a 6'6 mh rod with a tiny bit of give at the top works great with most stuff. its a great all around rod imho.

Thanks guys,

In an ideal world id have a rod/reel for all presentation options. How i look forward to that day :) . But for now or lets say the next year I dont think I will be under gunned with 3. And yes that was a typo ( 2 casting 1 spinning). I did have a more finesse approach in mind for the spinning rod and am just undecided what two rods to best cover most of my options for largemouth fishing in the south. I really appreciate the advice. Shoot me a pm if anything else comes to mind or if you guys have any better suggestions.

Jake

Since you brought up All Stars here's a suggestion.

I'm suggesting Team All Stars. Moderately priced.

TAS 806C is a 6'8" MHVY rod. Considered a spinnerbait rod this rod could also be used for plastic worm fishing or jigs.

TAS 783 is a 6'6" light, fast rod. Don't let the light fool you on this rod, it's still relatively stiff. They call it a topwater rod, you could use this for tossing crankbaits as well.

Spinning

TAS815WWS is a 6'9" spinning rod that's med/fast action. They call this a wacky worm special but the rod is great for small jigs, finesse applications, floating worms, senko's or chomper type grubs.

http://bobbysfishinrods.com/

Bobbys has TAS rods for $85 each. Quite a deal. :)

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum.  There is a lot of great info here if you have time to read it all.  Oh, by the way...ROLL TIDE!!!

Welcome aboard!

Adding to a collection is different than starting from scratch,

but this might help anyway:

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1196114229

8-)

Another SEC guy.

Great!!!!

Geaux Tigers!  :)

Check out what the guys say about rods.  There is a lot of experienced bass fishermen on this site.

And All Star rods are excellent, too.

Glad you are with us.