Sign in to follow this  
SHIMANOFAN

Re: line?

We're gonna need a little more info. to answer this one.  I use braid (Power pro) almost exclusively,as I fish alot in stained water visibility is'nt a problem with it,but where and what you fish becomes a question. Fishing line really does'nt have a "One size fits all" solution you can either swap lines to suit water clarity,lure presentation etc.. but I think most of us gravitate to one or two lines that cover most of our fishing and call it good enough.

Be more specific. There is no such thing as "best" , every one has their favorite line to use in differant situations.

Fishing line really does'nt have a "One size fits all" solution...

I disagree...

Baitcasting equipment: Yo-Zuri Hybrid or Hybrid Ultra Soft #12

Spinning gear: Ultra Soft #6

8-)

If you're asking what braid lb test is best for all around bassin' that would probably be 30lb.

correct, if I'm wrong!

We're talking to ourselves again , the kid deleted his question.

well wuduya know!

There is no perfect line for all situations/techniques.  Even the magic Yozuri Hybrid Ultra Soft doesn't fit all applications.  I won't go into spinning, but for BC, it has way too much stretch for jerking hard suspending jerkbaits.  Feels like jerking on a rubber band.  I much prefer braid.  It works very well for deep cranks that are retrieved steadily, casts great, smooth through the guides, but for jerking and spinnerbaits, give me braid.

IMHO

If you're asking what braid lb test is best for all around bassin' that would probably be 30lb.

correct, if I'm wrong!

yeah , i agree with you , 20# and 30 # is the gold standard ,20# for  if im drop shoting  ,wacky rigging , or worm rigs, i uni a 6 ft. section of flouro and im set . 20# for crankbaits , 30# for my swimbaits ......