Sign in to follow this  
KYntucky Warmouth

Braid for spinning gear

I'm looking into putting some braid on my President 6740/BPS Extreme combo.  My question is, are the guides on the extreme tough enough to endure a smaller dia. braid...say 10-20 lb?  If this has been discussed just point me in the right direction.  thanx

You wont have a problem with braid cutting guides. Not at all. The only time I have heard of that actually happening was on really cheap rods, and even that has been years. I have been running braid on both spinning and casting rods for years and have never had any problems.

On a side note, I might take some flack here but I'd like to recommend Fireline for a spinning rig. I use the 8 lb (3lb dia) on my medium and medium light rigs. It has the no stretch properties of braid yet is a little stiffer, behaves pretty close to mono, only without the coils and twists being such an issue

Thanks...I was a little worried because of all that I've heard in the past but it sounds like newer braids and guides for that matter are more advanced.  If anyone has advice for color it would help too...Thinkin about the Power Pro Hi-Vis or the Suffix orange line....don't remember the name

Thanks...I was a little worried because of all that I've heard in the past but it sounds like newer braids and guides for that matter are more advanced. If anyone has advice for color it would help too...Thinkin about the Power Pro Hi-Vis or the Suffix orange line....don't remember the name

Flourescent neon fire . Is this it ?

Thanks...I was a little worried because of all that I've heard in the past but it sounds like newer braids and guides for that matter are more advanced. If anyone has advice for color it would help too...Thinkin about the Power Pro Hi-Vis or the Suffix orange line....don't remember the name

Flourescent neon fire . Is this it ?

yeah..couldn't think of the name

I use 20lb Power Pro in Moss Green.  This way i dn't hav to worry about the fish seeing my line cause the green line matches the water color when theres algae and around vegetation.  Plus I can still see the green line above water.