Sign in to follow this  
rodrick williams

tubes

does anyone besides me like fishing tubes as topwaters?  man, I fished one through milfoil one time and bang! that bass smacked the lure. can anyone give me rigging tips and the best products to use?

Yes me too. I like to fish them over Pads  weightless I usilly put one of the soft foam ear plugs inside of the tube. You can smash it down real small slide it inside the tube and it will expand and make it float even better. I use that alot when fish matted weed beds or pad fields that have open holes in the field. drag the tub across the weeds and make it stop in the hole just floating there.  wait and hold on.

Welcome aboard!

(I moved this post to the proper section.)

I usually just rig t-rig it weightless. I haven't tried topwater tubes but, most of the time when i buy tubes, made by yum, they always float.

You can also you a stirafoam packing material and stick in it. I use it a lot in the summer time on top or early spring, late fall if the fish are sluggish. I use the foam to counter balance the weight to slow it down for flipping. It also works well for a carolina rig or topwater.

The 3X or CyberFlex plastic tubes will float a 4/0 hook with no problem. Mt favorite topwater to toss into any kind of weed or brush cover.

Cheers,

GK

I accidently caught a 4 lb. bass on this once. I was sightfishing a big fish on its bed, and tossed worms, jigs, and pretty much every plastic i had. I went to my last, and usually most productive bed fishing bait, a tube. I realized i didnt have any weights or jigheads, so i stuffed it full of plastic worm pieces to give it weight. I floated nicley and i was kind of disapointed. I let it sit a little, twitching it, and i never saw the strike even though it was on a topwater.