Sign in to follow this  
fishinfiend

Kistler + chronarch 50mg

I am thinking of getting a new set up for throwing senkos, light texas rigs, flukes, ikas, and unweighted frogs. Do you have any thoughts  or experience with this combo or either item individualy?   I am open to suggestions if you think another item would make a better setup.  Thanks, guys.

Kistler Mag Cast 7' MH Senko Special  1/8 -5/8

+                                         Chronarch 50mg

------------------------------------------------------

???

No experience with kistler but plenty with the 50MG's...  I own 5 of them and have used them for everything except swimbaits.  You will like the reel, no doubt about it.

Kistler + Chronarch = $$$$$$

If you got it, make the Bait Monkey happy and go for it.  ;D

Looks like I will have to wait on this rod or find something else. Cabela's is backordered, TW does not know when they will get more, and Kistler said it could be a month before an order could be filled.  :'(

I had problems with the reel seat when I put my 50mg on the kistler MG 6'-9". I put white thread tape on the reel area that matches the rod seat. Worked ok but I liked that reel even better on my loomis mbr783c. The kistler mg rod is very light but the guides are very so so and the seat was a pain. If you are spending that kind of $ there are better rods out there- as mentioned before the reel is top shelf.

Well, I don't have any experience with Kistler ords, but I have two Chronarch Mg's (might pick up one more) and I LOVE THEM.

I 've got the reel, used to have a Kistler MagTS MGAPS66MH, nope, didn 't like it ( reels seat issues, ergonomic issues ).  :-/

Chronarch Mg + GLoomis ( choose your poison on length and grade ) = Match made in heaven

I'm a Kistler fan but they can keep the Magnesium's. Sure, they're light but the ones I had weren't made very well. You should look at a Helium LTA instead of the Mag. The jump in price is well worth it.