Sign in to follow this  
T-rig

Revo Inshore line guide insert??

I just wanted to spool some new line on my abu garcia revo inshore when I noticed that the line guide insert was missing.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement line guide insert?

In Europe parts are hard to come by since most people fish with spinning reels.

Can I still fish this reel or do you think the line will get damaged without the insert? Thanks in advance!

post-7272-130162925669_thumb.jpg

Go ahead and fish with it until you get the part.  It has to be replaced anyway.  I don't think you can order just the eye.  I think you have to order the whole guide (part# 1128193).  

Abu Garcia

Pure Fishing Europe

396 rue de la Precision

74970 Marignier

France

Tel: 33.4.5096.7700

Email: info.europe@fr.purefishing.com

Thanks alot micro! Can I order this part from the states or can you get it for me? My french is really bad and I dought they speak english. ::)

Hey T-Rig,

Here is a name and email address for my contact at Pure Fishing in Spirit Lake, Ia.  She has helped me out more than once when I had a few problems with my Revo's.  She will get you going again. She is one of the customer service reps.

Teri Moyer :  tamoyer@purefishing.com

Shortbasser

I have not had a line guide problem but my buddy did have one pop loose on one of his Revo STX's and since it was still there he just hit it with a drop of super glue and as far as I know it has held.  If I remember right I mentioned that to Teri and she said they hadn't heard of any gripes about it back then.

I guess I should have mentioned that all my Revo's are STX's.  My only problem has been some pitting on the front cover.  It is actually plastic with a metalized finish.  They replaced the reels.  No more problems since I started using KVD line conditioner.  

Shortbasser

Teri is the woman at Abu that answers the emails.  Give them a call and order it from the states.  Again, I don't think you can order just an insert.  The guide piece and eye are one part according to the parts schematic.  

My buddy had the insert pop out of his STX as well but he beats his stuff around pretty bad.

I haven't had this problem with my inshore, but then again I've only used it one season.

Let us know how it gets resolved. Good luck.

Got an email from Tery Moyer today:

The part is being sent out under warranty. It should take 7 to 10 working days for delivery.

Now that's what I call customer service! 8-)

I got the level wind assembly today.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to remove the old line guide from the worm shaft without damaging anything?

I will need to take whole reel apart but don't want any parts left over when I'm done. :)

Can I remove this cap using a screw driver?

AfbeeldingSmall-42-1-1.jpg

Now that's what I call customer service! 8-)

Other companies could take a lesson from it.

T-rig, this may be a naive question, but are you out of business for the season or do you still have open water?

The lake I fish doesn't freeze and I still fish once in a while. All I caught was 2 pike. The last bass I caught about a month ago.

I do see bass in the gin clear water but they're not intersted in anything. I did have a few followers with a Baitsmith Hitch swimbait.

At this time of year I usually catch some with jigs and t-rigs fished very slow but not this year.