Sign in to follow this  
jack1

Cranky

I'm planning on concentrate more on cranking bass and I want to know what's a good cranking rod.  I'm willing to spend from $100 - $170 for this rod.  I'll be throwing anywhere from 4 ft to 10 ft diving cranks.  

I also heard that glass rods are better for this fishing technique as well.  

Let me know what you would recommend, thanks!

For heavy lures or deep divers, Lamiglas SR705R on sale at Cabela's:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/common/search/search-results1.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&hasJS=true&_D%3AhasJS=+&sort=all&QueryText=sr705r&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=14&Go.y=8

For medium weight crankbaits, St. Croix Avid AVC70MM.

If you are looking foe an "all-around" rod for treble hook lures, spinnerbaits and buzzbaits:

Avid AVC66MF which has a soft tip.

I was also looking for a rod like that for Christmas, I ended up ordering a Powell 704CB. I found nothing but good reviews on these rods but I wont get to use it for another 2 days! ;) ;D

I was also looking for a rod like that for Christmas, I ended up ordering a Powell 704CB. I found nothing but good reviews on these rods but I wont get to use it for another 2 days! ;) ;D

I have this rod paired with a curado 100D.  This is a GREAT for shallow to medium divers along with lipless cranks and jerkbaits of all sizes.  This rod is able to throw deep divers, but I feel it is underpowered for the resistance of a DD22.  I've been able to pull in 5-7 #ers pretty well.  IMO it's a good CB stick.  If you see yourself throwing deep divers more often, i would suggest getting something a bit more powerful.  

I would take a serious look at the Kistler Magnesium Series Crankbait rod.  It is one sweet rod for sure!  

I use the Lamiglas SR705 for the medium cranks. I highly recommend this rod to anyone. I also used it for deep divers until I picked up a Dobyns805CB. I hear Powell make a great CB rod as well.

I really like my 7'2 M parabolic Carrot stix for all my cranking needs. I use shallow to medium divers on it. Very sensetive so you can feel what structure your cranks on or in.

With you, it hasn't been a trip  than I haven't take mine since I got it.