Sign in to follow this  
Kimbro

Scored a Daiwa Sol for $159 Tonight

I was recently exploring my local Sportsmans Warehouse and noticed they had Daiwa Sols on clearance for $159 and Daiwa Fuegos for $179.  My amazing wife gave me a $500 Bass Pro Shops gift card so I decided to exercise Bass Pro Shop's price matching policy.  When the BPS management heard how low the price was they wrestled with the idea for a bit.  They said the only way they would match the price is if it wasn't a sale price and they had the lefthand reel in stock because I wanted a left handed Sol.  Sportsmans Warehouse informed them that is their permanent price because it was a left handed reel and not many people use left handed reels.  BPS finally decided they would match the price but were not very happy about it.  Needless to say I scored a Sol for $159.  Sorry for the long post but I felt like sharing the great news.

Take Care and Happy Holidays

Joe

It's BPS's policy, so it's their problem. If they don't like matching prices, they shouldn't have the policy. Great deal!

Nice job, and nice reel.  You will enjoy it as I have mine.  Great little reel for small cranks.

That's the way I felt.  It was their fault about the policy.  You can't blame me for wanting the best deal.  The Sol is an awesome little reel.  In the last couple of years I have purchased 2 Sols, 1 Alphas 103L and 3 Daiwa Zillions 1 6.3:1, 1 7:1 and 1 50th Anniversary.

Take Care and Happy Holidays

Joey