Sign in to follow this  
bpraz

baitcaster for crankbaits

I have decided between daiwa fuego or the new 2009 quantum tour baitcaster for crankbaits 1/2 oz. an under . I need some advice . thanks

If you have it narrowed down to those two already,  I would say that either would be equally suited for the job of tossing cranks.  What I would look for though, is a lower gear ratio such as a 5:1 for cranking.  Otherwise, you are going to be reaeling REALLY slow and that might be annoying to some people.

But either reel would work nice.

I have a Daiwa Fuego on my small/medium crankbait setup. It is a great reel, but if you are planing throw cranks over 1/2oz then get something with more line capacity. A 6:3 will be ideal for shallow cranking since it will give you the option to speed up or slow down.

Can't comment on the new PT performance. It does look like Quantum made some vast improvements over the original.

I have decided between daiwa fuego or the new 2009 quantum tour baitcaster for crankbaits 1/2 oz.

Neither.

If I go Daiwas, my choices would be in between a Sol/Alpha or Zillion Crazy Cranker.....if I'm planning on  really light lures, then Pixilla.

If I go Shimanos.....none, I don't like them any way :-[

i have a fuego on my loomis crankbait rod and love it...its great for shallow cranks and if you are fishing deep you just have to remember to SLOW down..if you can do that then you'll love the reel

For a crankbait that is 1/2 ounce or less, the Daiwa Sol is a much better option than the Fuego. The Sol is the perfect shallow crankbait reel in my opinion. ;D