Sign in to follow this  
Primus

Loomis SHR822S Shakey head spinning rod

If you have one how has it worked out so far and would you reccomend it. The application would be as the name implies for shakey heads with 8 lb. florocarbon line. Thanks

I own this rod and like it.  It's teamed up with a Daiwa Sol 2500 with 8# P-line Floroclear.  It's good for lures up to about 1/4 oz.  I wouldn't throw anything heavier.  I mostly throw 3/16 oz shakey heads.

Excellent shaky head rod. Loomis usually does a pretty good job with their technique specific rods as far as getting the actions and powers dialed in. I'd buy another one if something happened to mine. I have a Pflueger Supreme 8030MG on it.

I think Loomis missed the mark for a shaky-head rod. Their SSR700e (split-shot rod) is actually a better fit. And for a little more$, the GLX-TS650 (Tailspinner) can be used for (dare i say it) all 3 applications...

I like it. I agree with Five Bass Limit. Although I have not actually caught a fish on it yet . I have made it to the water for a short test (water is hard most of the time) with a friend. It is light and sensitive. Now my friend wants it . ;D.  

detroit1 why do you think they missed the mark on this one and why do you prefer the SSR 700E ? So far I've done all my shakeyhead fishing with the BCR 852 (casting) rod with Curado 101D reel with 8# floro, I usually use 3/16 oz or 1/4 shakeyheads. This set-up has actually done well for me, since most people do this technique with a spinning rod I feel compelled to try it that way next season to see what I like better. I can always use my BCR 852 for small jigs if I convert to a spinning rod. Thanks everyone for your feedback so far.

Sorry to misslead you Primus, it was a lame attempt at humor.

What ever happened to the standards,sjr's,cr's mbr's by loomis?

Aren't these any good now?I guess when a technique for throwing a bait at a cow chip a rod manufacturer will make a rod for it too!

Can you see it NOW the cow chip special!!! ;D ;D ;D ::)