Sign in to follow this  
budaman

crankin reel

The Revo Winch is a nice reel for heavier baits - 1/2 oz and over. It will zing them a long, long way. But mine didn't cast baits under 1/2 oz all that well. If you are going to be casting heavier crankbaits, then I'd recommend the Revo Winch. It is exceptionally well made and high performing.

I used to have a Curado 200DPV 5.0:1. It was good reel. It would cast lighter baits better than the Winch, but didn't throw heavier baits as far. Since the Curado E5 has the same spool, I'd suspect the E5 would be great at lighter baits, but not the best choice for heavier baits.  The Daiwa Sol may be even a better choice is you are looking to cast really light baits.  

I've never tried a Crazy Cranker, but I do have a couple of Zillion 100HAs and just from what I have seen in the short time I've had them, they are fantastic reels and will throw all sorts of baits as well as any reel I've ever tried. If I buy another low speed reel, it will be a Crazy Cranker.

Lots of good choices out there.

My Fav: Pflueger Trion: PFLTrionLPCR 5.3:1

BPS Dave Fritts Cranking Reel

All the choices listed above are great reels for cranking.  I use a Daiwa Crazy Cranker for larger cranks and a Daiwa Pixy for smaller cranks.  Crankbaits are becoming very popular again among anglers, there are lots of great choices out there right now.

Quantum Energy PT reels have been my crankbait reel of choice for many years.   Just got a good buy on two Revo Winch reels from Ebay and looking forward to trying them out.  They look good, feel solid, but until I can cast all day with one I can't say if they will be better or worse then the Quantums I have used for years.

I use a Quantum Tour Edition PT and love it.  Had for couple of years now with no complaints although I use it for more than just cranks - some top waters and lipless - basically any long casting treble hook lure.