Sign in to follow this  
Bassn Blvd

Why I like Loomis?

I bought a GLX MBR844 for $365 about a year ago from Loomis. They are now $385.  I used this rod VERY little and it looks like it just came off the shelf.  I listed it here in the flea market for $265 for the last month but no takers.  Well, today I called Loomis and explained to them that I wanted a GLX MBR842 ,which cost $370, and if they would considere a trade .  The lady said they don't usualy do trades but will do it this time if I pay for the shipping.  I agreed and the the new rod is on it's way which she upgraded to priority at no charge. She couldn't believe no on jumped my $265 offer.  But I'm glad it didn't sell because I just saved some money.  IMO, Loomis is worth every penny.

fired up the grill a few months back...while waiting on the coals, i picked up an my trusty mbr782, put on a practice plug and started fishing for the neighbor's cat.

to make a long story short, i left the rod on the back patio (there were a few adult beverages involved in this)...woke up the next morning and found that the neighbor's cat had made a skeleton handle outta my 782...chewed the cork clean off.

called loomis...told them what happened (i don't think the good folks in woodland like cats, either)...a brand new mbr782 was on its way to the house that day...loomis is where loomis is for more than rod quality.

bottom line, although loomis makes a great yardfishing pole, next time i go cranking for the neighbor's cat, i'm thinking...

weatherby. 8-)

Why get rid of mbr844?? :-?

The  GLX BCR853 that I have is a much better worm/jig rod.  The MBR844 is a very good rod too but it's rated heavy and I don't really need it.  I do more fishing with 10 and 12 pound mono which the MBR842 is better for.

I bought a GLX MBR844 for $365 about a year ago from Loomis. They are now $385. I used this rod VERY little and it looks like it just came off the shelf. I listed it here in the flea market for $265 for the last month but no takers. Well, today I called Loomis and explained to them that I wanted a GLX MBR842 ,which cost $370, and if they would considere a trade . The lady said they don't usualy do trades but will do it this time if I pay for the shipping. I agreed and the the new rod is on it's way which she upgraded to priority at no charge. She couldn't believe no on jumped my $265 offer. But I'm glad it didn't sell because I just saved some money. IMO, Loomis is worth every penny.

Pretty hard to argue about service like this.  I would be all over a Loomis if they just made a line of more modern designs.  I guess when you have a blank like the GLX, you don't need the modern look.

My BSR852 GLX is on its way, I couldnt be any more stoked. The compre is great and really opened my eyes to nice rods compared the shakespeare walmart poles Ive used all my life lol. But after reading this site, I had to have a loomis. Was leaning towards a mossyback but my main style is senko fishing and the GLX for the deal I got on ohya (100bucks off!) thanks to another member sealed the deal!

My BSR852 GLX is on its way, I couldnt be any more stoked. The compre is great and really opened my eyes to nice rods compared the shakespeare walmart poles Ive used all my life lol. But after reading this site, I had to have a loomis. Was leaning towards a mossyback but my main style is senko fishing and the GLX for the deal I got on ohya (100bucks off!) thanks to another member sealed the deal!

Hope you got some vacation coming, cause once you get a taste of the BSR852 GLX it will be torture not being out on the pond :(

The only reason I got the GLX in this model is because they don't offer it in the IMX.  IMO, the IMX models are better for the money except for worm fishing.  I make all my worm rods GLX.

I was going to pull the trigger on Megabass but I read a ton of posts from owners and there is basically no warranty for the $500-$700 rod I wanted.

The only reason I got the GLX in this model is because they don't offer it in the IMX. IMO, the IMX models are better for the money except for worm fishing. I make all my worm rods GLX.

I was going to pull the trigger on Megabass but I read a ton of posts from owners and there is basically no warranty for the $500-$700 rod I wanted.

Yeah. Those megabass rods are insane. I would love to have one of them, but without a warranty I will not be getting one anytime soon.

I used their expeditor service for my 1266 surf rod. The thing was pretty beat from years of rock hopping and jetty fishing. Most of the guides were smashed and the tip top finally broke off. I paid $325 for it about 12 years ago. For another $50 they sent me a brand new one.

If you're gonna beat the snot out of your gear it is way worth it.