Sign in to follow this  
Rand

Line for Steez combo

Seems like spring won't be here soon enough. Got around foot of snow over last 48. But lookin for new line for Steez 100HA on Steez 701MHFBA. I haven't had chance to fish it alot. But I believe I will be throwing plastics on it. Trigs w and w/o weight. Any info would help. Just another basser with winter blues.

I use Flourocarbon line for all my plastic and jig fishing. Had good success with Seaguar Carbon Pro, although it seems to have a little more stretch than some other brands. Not really an issue for short to medium casts, but not so good for long casts into deep water. The Bass Pro XPS flouro is good for the money. I prefer Sunline Shooter. It is pricey but it holds up well and lasts for a while as long as you don't get a bad backlash. I just bought some Toray Super Hard Upgrade to try this year. I hear it is very similar to the Shooter.

I also sometimes use Yo zuri hybrid (a copolomer line). I think it is a good all around line. I've had some memory issues with it but the KVD line treatment may help with that. BPS has/had it on sale recently.

Spinning tackle: Yo-Zuri Hybrid Ultra Soft #6

Baitcasting gear: Hybrid or Hybrid Ultra Soft #12

8-)