Sign in to follow this  
mackkie

Anyone use this Daiwa, or have an opinion on it?

Daiwa Exceler baitcaster.  I found a pretty good deal on them, $60.  Has anyone used this reel before, and what do you guys think?

Dude, relax. ::D Don't assume that everybody on this forum has experience with every reel out there. The search function on this site works very well, you might want to give it a try.

I DON'T think. I get into trouble every time I think.

Actually, I can't imagine any NEW, UNUSED baitcaster for $60 could be good.

Last year BassMaster had an article on inexpensive reels.  If memory serves me correctly, according to retailers, the Exceler was among the most recommended value reels.

I've used the spinning Exceller and it is a great reel for the price. Maybe a little on the heavy side, but great for the money.

That reel is in the *** demo line-up.   Just go on there and get one and try it for yourself.   Should only cost about $10 and then you will know for yourself without taking someone else's possibly biased word for it.

Here is my unbiased as possible review of this reel. Bought one last week (one of 5 reels I picked up last week sale shopping, got mine for $45). I like it alright. I have a thing for Revos and while its not as nice, or as light as those, its not bad. Full aluminum, one piece frame. Side plates are graphite. It feels solid and smooth. Actually had it out this afternoon for a bit just to see how it was. And its not bad. Whether or not it holds up, I dont know but it was reasonably priced and the initial feel is good. It has the swept handle too which I really like.