Sign in to follow this  
Danny1991

BPS Pro Qualifier?

Are the BPS Pro Qualifier casting reels any good? How do they compare to the Citica E's? I'm looking to get a flippin stick and I have two PQ rods already and they've been very good to me, and if I get the PQ combo its like getting the reel for $50. I'm looking at the new models (with the recurve handle)

Thanks! :D

I believe this reel was talked about in another thread.

The reel is very Revoesque looking.  In fact, I'm betting it's built on the same frame.  Note the thumbscrew side plate release.  This particular reel has the dual braking which becomes very easy to get used to. I would definitely say it's worth the money but like all BPS rods and reels, I'd wait till it goes on sale which they always do.

Just check out the reviews at Basspro. that should

give you your answer.

I don't know how much faith I would put in the reviewer on the BPS website.  They are usually one useful for comedic relief most days.  This is a much better place for information.

If they are built half as well as their older round reels then it should be a good reel.

I have a Flooger Patriarch with the same dual breaking as the new PQ's and it is an awesome system.  Aside from the Johnny Morris series, this is the best looking reel BPS has came out with.

Although I have not used it, I feel pretty confident in saying that I don't think you would be disappointed in purchasing this reel.

I have an old pro qualifier round reel and it has stood up good enough to still be used today. In fact it is one of my most used reels right now.

I have the new model since x mas. I got the 7 :1 version. Its a solid little real and casts well very smooth. It took some time to get the reel adjusted but its very solid. I would recommend it to any one, I use it for throwing creatures and senkos  

Thanks westpalmfrog for your input.  I'm looking to getting both gear ratios during the spring classic early next month.  FINALLY BPS comes out w/ left hand version of the Pro Qualifier b/c reel & I've had a chance to check them out & like what I've seen.  I was thinking of getting a Citica 201E but instead I'm going to get 2 of the PQ's when they go on sale.  I'll have 2 different gear ratios instead of 1 Citica at 1 gear ratio.  I have the Curado 201E already so the PQ's will be the next purchases.

So far I have been impressed with my bps reels. I have JM Signature and that is also a high speed reel. Its a little on the heavy side and his very large for me to palm. I am  smallguy with  little hands so I actually prefer the PQ real. I may grab another during the spring sale to put on a JM elite rod that I have.

The guy behind the counter at BPS told me yesterday that the PQ reels won't be on sale in the Classic.  Don't know about combos.  Have you checked out the Citicas?  They are $20 more but are getting great reviews (and you can get parts if you need them...).

The guy behind the counter at BPS told me yesterday that the PQ reels won't be on sale in the Classic. Don't know about combos. Have you checked out the Citicas? They are $20 more but are getting great reviews (and you can get parts if you need them...).

Hopefully the combos will be on sale if not I may wait until they are. I have a Citica E and LOVE it. but if I get a Citica and a PQ rod that would be $260 where as I can get the PQ combo for $190 or less if I can get it on sale :D